Review: raven’s way freeze dried dog treats

With recent recalls and canine deaths related to toxins in dog food and treats, most dog owners are beginning to realize that they need to pay more attention to what they are feeding their canine companions. The search for food and treats made with top-quality, natural, healthy and safe ingredients has begun, causing companies like Raven’s Way to become popular.

Video: Raven's Way Freeze Dried Dog Treats Review

Raven’s Way specializes in making freeze dried dog treats made from all-natural chicken breast. Freeze dried treats are an excellent option, as long as you know what to look for. Most of these treats are made with a single ingredient: the protein source. Some may have added natural benefits, such as the probiotics in this selection from Raven’s Way.

You’ll also want to make sure that the protein source is top-quality and that it is sourced from a country that isn’t known for tainted meat. In light of recent recalls, it’s best to stay away from products made with ingredients that were sourced in China. You won’t have to worry about that with these treats!

Video: Vital Essentials Freeze Dried Dog Treats Review!

Raven’s Way Freeze Dried Dog Treats Review

Raven`s Way Freeze Dried Dog Treats Review

Raven’s Way treats are made simply with 100% natural chicken breast and natural probiotics. The ingredients are all sourced here in the U.S. and the treats are made in the U.S. in the company’s USDA inspected facility. They come in a 3-ounce resealable bag, which is great for maintaining freshness.

As you’ll see in my video review, the treats on the top of the bag are large, but as you get to the bottom of the bag there are a lot of small crumbled pieces. The large pieces (about the size of a quarter) can be easily broken into smaller pieces to use as training treats.

I don’t mind the crumbs in the bottom of the bag as I still feed them to my girls or use them as a food topper.

The freeze drying process locks in the nutrients of the chicken and preserves these dog treats naturally. The added probiotics are a great benefit, especially if you have a pet with digestive issues such as excessive gas or food sensitivities. The benefits of probiotics include:

• Supports proper digestion
  • Supports bowel health
  • Maintains gut flora in the digestive tract
  • Helps maintain natural immunity
  • Supports a healthy skin and coat

If these photos aren’t proof enough that our girls loved these Raven’s Way freeze dried dog treats, take a few minutes to watch my video review. They come running as soon as they hear the bag crinkle. Our boxer is very particular about her treats, as she has very poor dental health. She typically prefers jerky treats or dehydrated dog treats, and this selection from Raven’s Way was no exception.

RECOMMENDED READ: The Best Dog Treats Review

Video: 5 Minutes to Fresh -- ORIJEN Freeze Dried Dog Food

I’ve been using them to train our beagle/cocker spaniel mix puppy for the last few weeks, and they work well to motivate her. She has a great nose, as most beagles do, and the natural chicken scent of these treats really motivates her. Our chocolate lab enjoyed these treats too, but in all fairness she’ll eat anything (which is a common trait in Labradors).

You can buy a 3-ounce bag of Raven’s Way Freeze Dried Chicken Breast Dog Treats on Amazon for $14. Compared to other freeze dried dog treats made with quality ingredients, these are very reasonably priced.

Summary of Raven’s Way Freeze Dried Dog Treats Review

PROS:

• Made with 100% natural chicken breast that is sourced in the U.S.A.
  • Made in the U.S. in a USDA inspected facility
  • Enhanced with natural probiotics to aid in digestive health
  • Made in a resealable zippered bag to maintain freshness
  • Affordable and comparatively priced with other similar dog treats

CONS:

• The top of the bag contains larger treats, but as you get to the bottom you’ll find crumbs. These crumbs are still ideal for use as a food topper, so I wouldn’t say this drawback is a deal breaker.

Now it’s your turn to review Raven’s Way Freeze Dried Dog Treats

Has your dog tried these treats? Did he enjoy them as much as my girls did? What did you think of them? Dog owners like to hear reviews from other pet parents. It gives us first hand information from other people who cherish their pets as family members and also shares the experience of other dogs.

Video: How to make CHICKEN LIVER DRY DOG TREATS DIY Dog Food tutorial by Cooking For Dogs

Every dog has his own unique preferences. It’s beneficial for owners to know if most dogs enjoy a treat or if my girls are a rare exception. We’d love to hear your review too, and don’t forget to share pictures with us on our social media pages. Subscribe to our newsletter or follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Google+ to stay up-to-date with my newest reviews.

Disclosure: We may earn affiliate commissions at no cost to you from the links on this page. This did not affect our assessment of products. Read more here and find full disclosure here.

Reviews & Comments

Related posts